NaNoWriMo means a lot of butts are going to be in chairs for longer than a quick “twitter” update minute. If the average number of words per day is 1700 (some churn out much more than that!), how much daily BIC time does that equal? (just in case you aren’t aware, BIC=Butt in Chair)
For me, NaNo BIC time outweighs exercise time by a ton. I also tend to snack while sitting at the computer, stay up MUCH later and not eat very healthy when I am deep in the writing process.
Putting on weight because of being a couch potato is bad enough. But putting on weight during NaNoWriMo is another story. Therefore, I am going to fight against NaNoWriMo Potato Syndrome.
Here is my plan for the month…
- Sweat: exercise at least 5 hours a week. That can be broken up however I see fit.
- Sugar free month*: Cut out the candy, brownies and cookies that seem to make their way into my mouth during this time of year. *Thanksgiving Day is the exception!*
- Goodbye Soda: Only water, juice or milk and hot russian tea!
- Early Bird Special: Eat dinner earlier in the day and refrain from evening snacking while at the computer.
- REM: stick to my “hit the sack before midnight” routine. Sleep is good for the body AND the mind.
I can’t be the only one out there fighting against the NaNoWriMo Potato Syndrome. Are you fighting it, too? What is your strategy?