What I learned on my first day of Jury Duty…
1. Do go to the right floor.
2. Don’t hang out on the wrong floor waiting for somebody to point you in the right direction.
3. Do show up 15 minutes ahead of time.
4. Don’t show up 5 minutes ahead of time and wait outside the doors of the WRONG courtroom (on the wrong floor).
5. Do bring something to read.
6. Don’t read the back of your eyelids. (The court doesn’t take kindly to snoring potential jurors )
7. Do show up on your appointed day.
8. Don’t assume you know how to read a calendar accurately.
9. Do let the court in on your mistake should you fail to heed the warning in #8.
10. Don’t tell anyone about the case you are working on.
11. Do tell everyone the funny story about showing up on the wrong day and not realizing it until halfway through the morning.
12. But Don’t blog about #11.
13. Nevermind, DO ignore #12.