Check out this agent: Rachelle Gardner
And what she’s looking for here: http://cba-ramblings.blogspot.com/2009/01/what-women-want.html
Mrs. Gardner makes a point about not sending her a rough draft. Her reminder reminded me of my “homespun twitter wisdom” this week. Here are my little nuggets:
1. Submitting your first draft to a publisher is like running a marathon the day after you decide you want to be a runner.
2. Using a pretty adverb to strengthen a weak verb is like using a long stemmed rose to support a falling bridge.
3. The first line of a story needs to be as strong as the first plank on a swinging bridge.
1. http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20100406/LIVING/304060006 – There is a fee for one of these contests. I am not endorsing these contests, just alerting you to their existence. Do with the info what you will!
2. Book blog giveaway! http://joycemoyerhostetter.blogspot.com/2010/03/book-and-dvd-giveaway-4-chances-for-you.html
Got any contests you want to share?