My sweet friend LAURA RENEGAR tagged me! So now I get to chat about the manuscript I’m querying and tag other writers that I think might answer the questions, too. I haven’t done one of these things in a LOOOONG time. Sounds like fun!
1. What is the working title of your book? Just Desserts
2. Where did the idea come from the book? I was thinking about how much I love having chocolate for breakfast. So the first title was CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST. Then it kind of morphed into a completely different story. (And just in case you’re wondering… I do NOT eat it for breakfast every morning. But I would if I could. )
3. What genre is your book? It’s in the quirky picture book category. I’m not sure that’s an actual category. But it should be if it’s not.
4. Which actors would you choose to play the characters in a movie? Ooooh – that depends on which cute, adorable dragons are available for a reasonable fee.
5. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book? When a spoiled young prince ignores the Queen’s warnings and demands just desserts for every meal while she is away, the prince ends up with much more on his plate than he bargained for.
6. Will your book be self-published or repped by an agency? I am looking for an agent. But if that doesn’t work out, I’ll be subbing it to publishing houses on my own.
7. How long did it take you to finish your first draft? First initial and very rough first draft took about 3 days.
8. What other books would you compare yours to in this genre? Mustache! by Marc Barnett, illustrated by Kevin Cornell. Both the king in Mustache! and the prince in Just Desserts are self-centered royalty who can’t see anyone’s POV but their own. By the end, they have learned a little… but not too much. 🙂
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? Chocolate, fun with words… and lots of prayer!
10. What else about your book might pique a reader’s interest? The dessert recipes in the book are not your typical recipes. That’s all I’m able to say without throwing up a little in my mouth.
Now it’s your turn! Here are some writer’s with blogs that I hope will answer these questions and post them…