A new song on the horizon
the melody is drawing near
the harmony of dawn approaching
the rhythm’s beating in my ear
It’s Monday! And guess what? I love Mondays. Yes…I do! I know it’s weird. Most folks hate them.
But for me, Monday is like a mini-New Year’s Day. I love waking up and knowing that I have a brand new week ahead of me. I also love that Monday is the one day of the week I don’t have a full plate. I can stay home (and catch up on laundry, blogs, Monk and dishes) or I can gather up my little chickadees and take them where we decide to go. If I’m feeling extra spunky, I’ll do both! So what will I do today? I’m sure you’re dying to find out. Here’s my plan:
- Promote Write2Ignite and our new blog, Fire It Up! Kristi Butler is our blogger today. I hope you’ll head over and check it out! (promo? check!)
- Fold mini-mountain of clothes on my bed and pair up socks while catching up on Monk (and maybe Psych).
- Celebrate Columbus Day with my kiddos by chatting about all the OTHER folks that discovered our country first. We’ll also chat about the real Columbus versus the watered down version we read about in history books.
- Make out a menu for the week. (White chicken chili is at the top o’the list!)
- Make out an exercise routine for the week on my new Wii fit Plus game. That thing rocks!
- Enjoy the rain!
What do you have on your plate for this beautiful Monday?
Some days, I long for QUIET. If you know me personally, you might find that hard to believe as I tend to talk more than Oprah, Tyra and Dr. Phil put together.
However odd it may sound…it’s true.
There are days when I don’t even want to talk. I’m not upset. I’m not depressed. I just like the sound of silence. I like to turn off the radio, tv, video games and even the computer and just sit and listen. It’s amazing.
A few months ago, our entire block had a power outage. It was after 9pm and the power wasn’t back on until well after 3am. There was complete silence (except for the sound of my hubby and children snoring). I listened to the crickets singing, the frogs calling and all the other nighttime music I seem to miss most other evenings.
I wonder what would happen if we shut off all our electronic equipment for just a few hours a day? I’m not suggesting we deliberately cause food to spoil by turning off the fridge. (That’s crazy talk, anyway…I have cheesecake in there!) But I am suggesting a time of unplugging from the electronic and virtual world and plugging INTO the beautiful world around us.
Even if you can’t bring yourself to unplug everything in the house, how about just unplugging yourself for a day or two? Don’t check your email, twitter, myspace or facebook account. Go silent for a while and just breathe.
(and when you get back from your “breather”, check out this article. Then go breathe some more! 🙂 http://www.childrenshealthblog.com/2009/02/09/you-cant-smell-the-roses-if-youre-too-plugged-in/)